BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 22, 2011

ASSURANCE OF SALVATION: Part II



I.                   WHAT BRINGS ASSURANCE OF SALVATION INTO MY LIFE
A.     Learn the word of God –II Timothy 3:14,15
B.     Thank God for His gift of Salvation –II Corinthians 9:15
C.     Make a Public Testimony before others –I John 4:15
D.     Attend Church services as much as possible –Heb 10:25
E.      Live a biblical life –Isaiah 32:17, Proverbs 10:9
II.                WHAT HAPPENS IF I SIN
A.     Yes even after salvation Christians sin-I John 1:8
B.     God does not want us to sin-I John 2:1
C.     Confession is what God wants us to do when we sin-I John 1:9
D.     When I sin Jesus appears before God the Father on my behalf-I John 2:1
E.      We lose our fellowship with God when we sin-I John 1:6;7
III.             CAN I EVER LOSE MY SALVATION
A.     According to John 10:28 “we shall never perish”
B.     According to John 10:29 -no man is able to remove us from God’s hand
C.     According to John 6:37-God will in no wise cast out those who come to Christ
D.     According to John 6:39 – The responsibility to keep us saved is the Lord’s not ours and that Christ can loses nothing.
E.      According to John 5:24 we now have EVERLASTING life.
F.      According to Romans 8:38,39 – nothing can separate us form the love of Christ.
G.     According to I Peter 1:5 –we are kept by the power of God
H.     According to Jude 24-Christ is able to keep us from falling
I.        According to Philippians 1:6 –Christ will continue  his work in us until the day of Jesus Christ
J.       According to Ephesians 1:13 –we have been sealed with the Holy Spirit.
K.    According to Ephesians 2:8 –Salvation is a gift of God. A gift taken back by the giver is NO GIFT AT ALL.
L.      According to Ephesians 2:9 –We have done nothing to gain salvation. If we have done nothing to gain it- we can do nothing to lose it.

·        If the Bible says it that settles is : Let God be true and every man a liar .
·       
“Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine,
O, What a fore-taste of glory divine.
Heir of salvation, purchased of God ,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His Blood.”

0 comments: