BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 16, 2011

ASSURANCE OF SALVATION: Part I


I.                    WHAT IS MEANT BY “ASSURANCE”: Spiritual certainty that you belong to God, that you posses eternal salvation.
A.     I am Keep and Persuaded ( positive and safe) – II Tim 1:12
B.     God wants me to have assurance and Know I am saved – I John 5:13
II.                WHY DO I NEED ASSURANCE OF SALVATION
A.     Assurance brings us Joy-I John 1:4
B.     Assurance brings us Confidence before God – I Jon 3:19,21
C.     Assurance brings us Comfort of Heart –Colossians 2:2
D.     Assurance brings us Stability. – James 1:8
E.      Assurance enables us to Overcome the World – I John 5:4,5
F.      Assurance enables us to effectively serve the Lord –John 1:40,41
III.             WHAT IS THE BAISIS OF ASSURANCE OF SALVATION
A.     Not on feelings
B.     Not emotions
C.     Unchanging word of God –I John 5:11,12
1.      Record hath given eternal life (promise of God ) –John 5:24
2.      Hath the Son hath life (Presence of God) – Romans 5:5
IV.              HOW MAY I KNOW I AM SAVED?
A.     I KNOW because I believed on the Lord Jesus Christ-Acts 16:31
B.     I KNOW because I hath the Son. – I John 5:12
C.     I KNOW because I have a love for the brethren- I John 3:14
D.     I KNOW because I desire to keep God’s commandments.-I John 2:3
E.      I KNOW because I desire to turn from the world of sin –I John 2:15
F.      I KNOW  because I am overcoming the world-I John 5:4
G.     I KNOW  because I have the witness of the spirit within – I John 5:10


0 comments: